8 Channel Servo Controller
SC08A offers hobbyists and students a reliable yet user-friendly RC Servo motor controller. This SC08A can control eight channels of servo simultaneously. The advantages of this SC08A over SC16A are that users can deactivate any servo channel at any time. The user can even set the initial position of any channel at the next startup.
Each servo signal pin can generate servo pulses from 0.5 ms to 2.5 ms, more significant than the range of most servos, further allowing for servos to operate 180 degrees. SC08A comes with a small size and different protocol compared to SC16A. Through serial communication, SC08A can be a daisy chain in 2 boards to simultaneously offer independent control over 16 RC servo motors. The host of SC08A can either be a PC desktop/Laptop with a USB to serial(UART) converter or a microcontroller with a UART interface. UART interface presents a flexible, fast, and easy-to-use feature.
It is designed with capabilities and features of:
- Eight channels: Servo driven independently
- Extendable to 16 Channels: Two controllers linked together to drive 16 servos
- Optional Position Reporting: User may request the position of an individual servo
- Servo Activation for each channel: The user may deactivate or activate any channel of the servo
- Independent Starting Position Command for each channel: The user may set the initial position of any channel at the next startup
- Optional Servo Ramping: Choose one of 100 ramp rates for each servo
- Resolution: 8000 steps = 0.25us
- UART: 9600 baud rate
- Servo pulse range: 0.5ms to 2.5ms
- Dimension: 49mm x 46mm
- New! Free Sample GUI: User can control the Servo Motors from Computer via USB to UART Converter.
SC08A protocol/command is different from SC16A, and please refer to its user manual.
User Manual: https://www.luminpdf.com/viewer/esmZBSPfaM22EifF4/share?sk=b72c34b1-1b03-4b18-8c8f-f2b72150bf33
Fritzing file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B71jedkH0IPROEQ3ZUdncE9TZTQ/view