Cytron PS2 Shield is an Arduino Compatible Shield for Arduino UNO
Cytron PS2 Shield is an Arduino compatible shield compatible with Arduino UNO, Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino Mega, Arduino Leonardo, and possibly another pin-compatible pin mainboard.
Adding wired or wireless remote control to Arduino main boards becomes easy with Cytron PS2 Shield and Arduino Library. Cytron PS2 Shield (SHIELD-PS2) is an Arduino compatible shield compatible with Arduino UNO, Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino Mega, Arduino Leonardo, and possibly other pin-compatible mainboards. Cytron PS2 Shield offers a compact yet reliable PS2 Controller Converter for users. The Arduino mainboard powers Cytron PS2 Shield. Cytron PS2 Shield Reading Joystick and button’s state of PS2 controller will be as accessible as reading UART data. It offers a standard connector for PS2 controller to the plugin, either wired or wireless.
- 5V powered low current consumption.
- Simple to use UART protocol
- The vibrator motor on PS2 is controllable.
- Wired and Wireless PS2 controller is supported.
- PS2 Controller will automatically operate in analog mode.
- A status LED
- Jumper selector selected different UART Baud rates (9600, 57600, 115200).
- Jumper selectors to select different digital pins as UART TX and RX pin.
- Dimension: 68mm x 53mm
Shield-PS2 has stackable side headers, allowing more Arduino shields to be stacked on top of it. Besides, the user can use either hardware or software UART with Arduino’s main board to communicate to get the PS2 controller status. Shield-PS2 reset is connected to Arduino’s analog pin 1 (A1). Users can pull down this analog pin to reset the shield.
Cytron Shield-PS2 does not come with a PS2 controller (joystick); please purchase separately from Cytron; the link is provided at the bottom.