DJI Inspire 1 Drone Parachute with Sentinel Automatic Trigger
The Fruity Chutes Inspire 1 Automatic Emergency Drone Parachute is lightweight, easy to use, and reliable. Designed with ease of use in mind, you can pack and load the parachute yourself; you do not need to send it back to the manufacturer after use. You can use the parachute system many times. A small rigger jig is included to make folding and packing the parachute easy.
To launch the parachute, the bundle provides the Skycat parachute launcher. The Skycat features a high-energy compression spring that ejects the parachute out and away from the Inspire 1 quickly. The launcher has no regulatory or transportation limitations, so you can take your Inspire 1 with your Fruity Chutes parachute system anywhere you want.
The centerpiece of the parachute system is the Fruity Chutes Iris Ultra Light chute weighing just 2.62oz (74.4g). The parachute has a nominal rating of 7 lbs (3.2Kg) @ 15 feet per second (4.6mps) descent rate after deployment providing a nice gentle landing. The parachute can easily work at heavier load weights of 5Kg, allowing you to use optional heavier cameras or batteries without worry.
- A lightweight, high efficient annular parachute provides a gentle landing.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) automatically detects a drone failure and ejects parachutes quickly.
- The Independent power source allows deployment in the event of drone power failure.
- The light system mounts next to the battery to minimize the impact on flying.
- Everything included, you supply only simple tools.
- Parachute comes in two color choices – Orange / White, or Orange / Black
- Get the Automatic Flight Terminator, so the propellers stop automatically when the parachute ejects.
The parachute system is entirely self-contained and not reliant on the Inspire 1 power, so it works even if the copter’s battery has a complete failure. The automatic trigger system (ATS) can detect if the drone suddenly falls, rolls, or flips. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. By the time the pilot notices a problem, it will already eject the parachute.
A quick start guide is supplied with resource links to online tutorials and help resources to make setting up faster. QR codes are also provided to make navigation to help resources a smartphone click away. And all Fruity Chutes products have a 2 Year warranty against manufacturing defects.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE:
- 48 inch Iris Ultra Light Compact Chute with Spectra shroud lines
- Skycat X48, 48mm diameter Carbon Fiber launcher bundle. The Skycat bundle includes:
- Lightweight Carbon Fiber parachute canister, 1.9″D by 8.18″L (48mm D x 200mm L)
- Skycat FUSE 6S Servo Channel Trigger Switch with 5V power supply
- Skycat FUSE Material
- Skycat Parachute Blanket
- Skycat Loader Piston and FUSE hook wire
- 725# Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your Inspire 1 drone
- 725# Spectra riser, 2 yards length
- 1/8” Quick links to attach parachute riser to the harness.
- Inspire 1 Carbon Fiber Mount
- SATS-MINI Failsafe Controller
- 800mAh 3S 40C Battery to power the FUSE trigger.
- Mini Parachute Rigger Jig
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Registration Booklet
ACCESSORY YOU MIGHT WANT
Automatic Flight Terminator. This device will automatically stop the propellers when the parachute ejects. Otherwise, the pilot can manually emergency stop the propellers from the controller.
IRIS ULTRALIGHT 48 INCH PARACHUTE
Iris Ultra Light parachutes are perfect for applications where ultra-low weight and compact packing volume are important. While the parachute is very lightweight, strength is not sacrificed. The parachute features 8 shroud lines, each rated at a 200lb break strength. The parachute bridle uses 1000lb Spectra. The overall break strength of the parachute is about 1000lbs of pull force, so you can have complete confidence that the parachute can handle any situation without failure.
SKYCAT ULTRA LIGHT LAUNCHER
The lightweight X48 carbon fiber launcher is spring deployed (no pyro). The launcher uses a “Fuse” wire to hold the ejection piston in place. When ready to eject, a servo signal is sent to the Servo Channel Trigger, which switches current through the wire, melts, and releases the piston. The battery supplied for ejection is a 45C / 3S / 800mAh Lipo pack. The ejection of the parachute is completely electric with no moving parts. The Skycat parachute canister includes the special tools and extra fuse wire needed to reload the canister yourself!
SKYCAT DJI INSPIRE 1 MOUNT
The carbon fiber Skycat X48-CF launcher is mounted to the base plate with M3 bolts, and the unit is attached to the airframe with an included Velcro strap. Flight time impact is just 2 minutes or less. An electronics compartment keeps launch electronics safe and has room for FUSE trigger and battery. The ATS is mounted on the back of the compartment allowing easy access to arm and disarm it.
SENTINEL AUTOMATIC TRIGGER SYSTEM CONTROLLER (SATS-MINI)
The SATS-MINI monitors your flight envelope and automatically deploys the parachute if it detects out-of-bounds activity such as a sudden fall, loss of a rotor or motor, or other malfunction. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. Flight controller connections are not required with the SATS-MINI. The SATS-MINI has its own internal 500mAh Lipo battery power. In addition, the Skycat V3 Trigger feeds power to the SATS-MINI to keep the battery fully charged.
OPTIONAL RESCUE RADIO (PURCHASED SEPARATELY)
Skycat Rescue Radio is a professional radio system designed with just one dedicated goal in mind: to eject your Fruity Chutes parachute with full confidence with a simple press of a button. It’s compatible with many other parachute systems on the market. There’s no arming or settings: power-up, and you’re good to go. The rescue radio uses the Team Black Sheep Crossfire transmitter and the Nano receiver. The Nano receiver mounts directly inside the SATS-MINI case. If you order the rescue radio simultaneously as your Inspire 2 parachute system, we will mount the receiver for you.
- Complete system weight: 15oz (438g)
- Nominal drone weight: 7 lbs (3.2Kg)
- Max drone weight: 11 lbs (5Kg)
- Recommended minimum deployment altitude: 120ft (40m)
- Maximum deployment speed: 110fps (75mph)
- Model: IFC-48-SUL
- Type: Ultra Compact Toroidal (Annular)
- Bridal: 1000# Spectra Loop
- Shroud Lines: 200# Spectra, 8 lines
- Fabric: 0.66 oz ripstop
- Parachute Weight: 2.62oz (74.4g)
- Nominal Packing Volume (inches): 8d x 5.2l: 13.1in^3 volume
- Nominal Rating: 7lbs @ 15fps
- Cd of 2.2
- Number of Gores: 8
- Exterior Dimensions: 1.5″ x 2.1″ x 0.6″
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V – 5.65V external power feed. Or charge via USB cable.
- Internal 500mAh Lipo for over 6 hrs continuous operation.
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (34g)
- Servo Connections: 4 x 3 Pin headers, JR standard servo connector