DJI Mavic 2 Parachute with Sentinel Automatic Trigger System
The Fruity Chutes Mavic 2 Automatic Emergency Drone Parachute is lightweight, easy to use, and reliable. Designed with ease of use in mind, you can pack and load the parachute yourself; you do not need to send it back to the manufacturer after use. The parachute system can be used many times. A small rigger jig is included to make folding and packing the parachute easy.
To launch the parachute the bundle provides the Harrier 40mm parachute launcher. The Harrier features a high energy compression spring that ejects the parachute out and away from the Mavic 2 quickly. The launcher has no regulatory or transportation limitations so you can take your Mavic 2 with your Fruity Chutes parachute system anywhere you want.
The centerpiece of the parachute system is the Fruity Chutes Iris Ultra Light chute weighing just 0.96oz (27.7g). The parachute has a nominal rating of 2.5 lbs (1.2Kg) @ 15 feet per second (4.6mps) descent rate after deployment providing a nice gentle landing. The parachute can easily work at heavier load weights of 2.4Kg or more.
The Mavic 2 bundle includes a high tech integrated SLS nylon printed mount that wraps snug around the center of the copter. A hinge and pin allow quick mounting and removal of the parachute, no screws are needed. The mount holds the Harrier 40mm launcher on one side, and the automatic trigger system (ATS), battery, and an optional rescue radio receiver on the other side. It provides good clearance between the prop tips and the parachute launcher components. There are even line stows integrated into the mount to secure the Spectra harnesses and keep them out of the props.
The parachute system is entirely self-contained, and not reliant on the Mavic 2 power so it works even if the copter’s battery has a complete failure. The automatic trigger system (ATS) can detect if the drone suddenly falls, rolls, or flips. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.75 seconds or about 15 feet of free fall. By the time the pilot notices a problem, the parachute will already be ejected.
To make setting up faster a quick start guide is supplied with resource links to online tutorials and help resources. QR codes are also provided to make navigation to help resources a smartphone click away. And all Fruity Chutes products have a 2 Year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A lightweight high efficient annular parachute provides a gentle landing.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) failsafe automatically detects a drone failure and ejects parachute quickly.
- The Independent power source allows deployment in event of drone power failure.
- All version of the Mavic 2 is supported.
- A very light system mounts around the center of the Mavic 2.
- Everything included only a Philips screwdriver required for assembly.
- Parachute comes in two color choices – Orange / White, or Orange / Black.
- Use with the Skycat Rescue Radio (purchase separately) receiver. Lets the Pilot In Command (PIC) manually eject the parachute.
- Mount comes pre-assembled ready for use. Just mount on your copter, fold and pack the parachute, rig the harnesses and go!
WHAT’S IN THE BUNDLE
- 30 inch Iris Ultra Zero Compact Chute with Spectra shroud lines
- Harrier 40mm Launcher.
- SATS-MINI Automatic Trigger Controller (failsafe)
- Optional Rescue Radio support
- SLS Printed Nylon Integrated Mount
- 400# Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your Inspire 2 drone
- 400# Spectra riser, 1 yards length
- 1/8” Quick links to attach parachute riser to the harness.
- Mini Parachute Rigger Jig
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Registration Booklet
IRIS ULTRA ZERO 30 INCH PARACHUTE
Iris Ultra Zero parachutes are perfect for applications where ultra-low weight and compact packing volume are important. While the parachute is very lightweight, strength is not sacrificed. The parachute features 6 shroud lines each rated at a 200lb break strength. The parachute bridle uses 400lb Spectra. The overall break strength of the parachute is about 400lbs of pull force so you can have complete confidence that the parachute can handle any situation without failure.
FRUITY CHUTES HARRIER LAUNCHER
The lightweight 40mm carbon fiber launcher is spring deployed (no pyro). The launcher uses a simple servo activated release which makes reloading very easy. The parachute and launcher combined weight is just 81 grams.
SENTINEL AUTOMATIC TRIGGER SYSTEM CONTROLLER (SATS)
The SATS-MINI functionality is provided by the SATS-MINI controller. The SATS-MINI monitors your flight envelope and will automatically deploy the parachute if it detects out of bounds activity such as a sudden fall, loss of a rotor or motor, or other malfunction. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. The SATS-MINI uses an internal Lipo battery for up to 6 hours of operation.
NOTE: We always recommend ground testing your parachute system before the flight.
OPTIONAL RESCUE RADIO (PURCHASED SEPARATELY)
Skycat Rescue Radio is a professional radio system designed with just one dedicated goal in mind: to eject your Fruity Chutes parachute with full confidence with a simple press of a button. It’s compatible with many other parachute systems on the market. There’s no arming or settings: just power up and you’re good to go. The rescue radio uses the Team Black Sheep Crossfire transmitter and the Nano receiver. The Nano receiver mounts directly inside the SATS-MINI case. If you order the rescue radio at the same time as your Mavic 2 parachute system we will mount the receiver for you.
- Mounts easily to your RC transmitter’s handle, or to your belt/pocket with the included belt clip.
- Ready-to-use, battery included. Also available without the radio module, for DIY users.
- Built-in launch button, or optional external launch button for added reach to your transmitter.
- Complete system weight: 4.8oz (135g)
- Nominal drone maximum weight: 2.5lbs (1.2Kg)
- Max drone weight: 5lbs (2.4Kg)
- Recommended minimum deployment altitude: 100ft (32m)
- Maximum deployment speed: 110fps (75mph)
- Model: IFC-30-SUZ
- Type: Ultra Compact Toroidal (Annular)
- Bridal: 400# Spectra Loop
- Shroud Lines: 200# Spectra, 6 lines
- Fabric: 0.66 oz ripstop
- Parachute Weight: 0.96oz (27.7g)
- Nominal Rating: 2.5lbs @ 15fps
- Cd of 2.2
- Number of Gores: 6
- Exterior Dimensions: 2.2″ x 1.5″ x .6″
- Power provided by an internal Lipo battery, charge via USB port
- Weight: .8 oz. (23g)
- Servo Connections: 3 Pin header, JR standard servo connector