DJI Phantom 3 Drone Parachute with Sentinel Automatic Trigger
The Fruity Chutes Phantom 3 Automatic Emergency Drone Parachute is lightweight, easy to use, and reliable. Designed with ease of use, you can pack and load the parachute yourself; you do not need to send it back to the manufacturer after use. The parachute system can be used many times. A small rigger jig is included to make folding and packing the parachute easy.
The centerpiece of the parachute system is the Fruity Chutes 36″ Iris Ultra Zero chute weighing just 1.3oz (37g). The parachute has a nominal rating of 4 lbs (1.8Kg) @ 15 feet per second (4.6mps) descent rate after deployment, providing a nice gentle landing. However, the parachute can efficiently work at heavier load weights of 3.6Kg or more.
To make setting up faster, a quick start guide is supplied with resource links to online tutorials and help resources. QR codes are also provided to make navigation to help resources a smartphone click away. And all Fruity Chutes products have a 2 Year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A lightweight, highly efficient annular parachute provides a gentle landing.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) failsafe automatically detects a drone failure and ejects the parachute quickly.
- The Independent power source allows deployment in the event of drone power failure.
- The lightweight system snaps into the landing gear frame.
- Everything included only simple tools required for assembly.
- Parachute Color Orange / Black.
What’s in the Bundle
- 36-inch Iris Ultra Zero Compact Chute with Spectra shroud lines
- Skycat XS Launcher
- 725# Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your Phantom 3 drone
- 725# Spectra riser, 1 yards length
- 1/8″ Quick links to attach parachute riser to the harness.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System to automatically eject the parachute
- Mini Parachute Rigger Jig
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Registration Booklet
Skycat XS Launcher: The lightweight carbon fiber launcher is spring deployed. The launcher uses a simple servo-activated release, which makes reloading easy.
Sentinel Automatic Trigger System Controller (SATS-Mini)
The SATS-MINI monitors your flight envelope and will automatically deploy the parachute if it detects out-of-bounds activity such as a sudden fall, loss of a rotor or motor, or other malfunction. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. Flight controller connections are not required with the SATS-MINI. The SATS-MINI can also work seamlessly with the Skycat Rescue Radio system.
NOTE: Thorough ground testing of this product is strongly recommended before flying to ensure everything works properly. Also, follow the calibration procedure to be sure the unit can properly detect non-level flight attitudes.
- Complete system weight: 4.8oz (176g)
- Nominal drone weight: 4lbs (1.8Kg)
- Max drone weight: 8lbs (3.6Kg)
- Recommended minimum deployment altitude: 100ft (32m)
- Maximum deployment speed: 110fps (75mph)
- Model: IFC-36-SUZ
- Type: Ultra Compact Toroidal (Annular)
- Bridal: 400# Spectra Loop
- Shroud Lines: 200# Spectra, eight lines
- Fabric: 0.66 oz ripstop
- Parachute Weight: 1.3oz (37g)
- Nominal Rating: 4lbs @ 15fps
- Cd of 2.2
- Number of Gores: 8
- Exterior Dimensions: 1.5″ x 2.1″ x .6″
- Internal 500mAh Lipo battery for up to 6 hrs flying
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (34g)
- Servo Connections: 3 Pin header, JR standard servo connector
Instructions: Phantom 3 is very similar to Phantom 4 in most respects. The launcher board is slightly different, but otherwise, the same. Here are the Phantom 4 Help pages.