DJI Phantom 3 Drone Parachute with Sentinel Automatic Trigger
The Fruity Chutes Phantom 3 Automatic Emergency Drone Parachute is lightweight, easy to use, and reliable. Designed with ease of use in mind, you can pack and load the parachute yourself; you do not need to send it back to the manufacturer after use. The parachute system can be used many times. A small rigger jig is included to make folding and packing the parachute easy.
To launch the parachute the bundle provides the Skycat Flip Board parachute launcher. The launcher has a high energy torsion spring that ejects the parachute down and away from the Phantom 3 quickly. The launcher has no regulatory or transportation limitations so you can take your Phantom 3 with your Fruity Chutes parachute system anywhere you want.
The centerpiece of the parachute system is the Fruity Chutes 36″ Iris Ultra Zero chute weighing just 1.3oz (37g). The parachute has a nominal rating of 4 lbs (1.8Kg) @ 15 feet per second (4.6mps) descent rate after deployment providing a nice gentle landing. The parachute can easily work at heavier load weights of 3.6Kg or more.
The Phantom 3 bundle includes a carbon fiber flip board launcher that clips into one of the landing gear frames. The launcher can be installed and removed without tools. The back of the launcher provides a handy place to mount the battery and the SATS-MINI.
The parachute system is entirely self-contained, and not reliant on the Phantom 4 power so it works even if the copter’s battery has a complete failure. The SATS-MINI can detect if the drone suddenly falls, rolls, or flips. Detection of a free fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. By the time the pilot notices a problem, the parachute will already be ejected.
To make setting up faster a quick start guide is supplied with resource links to online tutorials and help resources. QR codes are also provided to make navigation to help resources a smartphone click away. And all Fruity Chutes products have a 2 Year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A lightweight high efficient annular parachute provides a gentle landing.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) failsafe automatically detects a drone failure and ejects parachute quickly.
- The Independent power source allows deployment in event of drone power failure.
- The lightweight system snaps into the landing gear frame.
- Everything included only simple tools required for assembly.
- Parachute color Orange / Black.
WHAT’S IN THE BUNDLE
- 36 inch Iris Ultra Zero Compact Chute with Spectra shroud lines
- Skycat XS Launcher
- 725# Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your Phantom 3 drone
- 725# Spectra riser, 1 yards length
- 1/8” Quick links to attach parachute riser to the harness.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System to automatically eject the parachute
- Mini Parachute Rigger Jig
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Registration Booklet
IRIS ULTRA ZERO 36 INCH PARACHUTE
Iris Ultra Zero parachutes are perfect for applications where ultra-low weight and compact packing volume are important. While the parachute is very lightweight, strength is not sacrificed. The parachute features 8 shroud lines each rated at a 200lb break strength. The parachute bridle uses 400lb Spectra. The overall break strength of the parachute is about 400lbs of pull force so you can have complete confidence that the parachute can handle any situation without failure.
SKYCAT XS LAUNCHER
The lightweight carbon fiber launcher is spring deployed. The launcher uses a simple servo activated release which makes reloading easy.
SENTINEL AUTOMATIC TRIGGER SYSTEM CONTROLLER (SATS-MINI)
The SATS-MINI monitors your flight envelope and will automatically deploy the parachute if it detects out of bounds activity such as a sudden fall, loss of a rotor or motor, or other malfunction. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. Flight controller connections are not required with the SATS-MINI. The SATS-MINI can also work seamlessly with the Skycat Rescue Radio system.
NOTE: Thorough ground testing of this product is strongly recommended before flying to be sure everything seems to work properly. Also, follow the calibration procedure to be sure the unit can properly detect non-level flight attitudes.
OPTIONAL RESCUE RADIO (PURCHASED SEPARATELY)
Skycat Rescue Radio is a professional radio system designed with just one dedicated goal in mind: to eject your Fruity Chutes parachute with full confidence with a simple press of a button. It’s compatible with many other parachute systems on the market. There’s no arming or settings: just power up and you’re good to go. The rescue radio uses the Team Black Sheep Crossfire transmitter and the Nano receiver. The Nano receiver mounts directly inside the SATS-MINI case. If you order the rescue radio at the same time as your Mavic 2 parachute system we will mount the receiver for you.
- Mounts easily to your RC transmitter’s handle, or your belt/pocket with the included belt clip.
- Ready-to-use, battery included. Also available without the radio module, for DIY users.
- Built-in launch button, or optional external launch button for added reach to your transmitter.
- Complete system weight: 4.8oz (176g)
- Nominal drone weight: 4lbs (1.8Kg)
- Max drone weight: 8lbs (3.6Kg)
- Recommended minimum deployment altitude: 100ft (32m)
- Maximum deployment speed: 110fps (75mph)
- Model: IFC-36-SUZ
- Type: Ultra Compact Toroidal (Annular)
- Bridal: 400# Spectra Loop
- Shroud Lines: 200# Spectra, 8 lines
- Fabric: 0.66 oz ripstop
- Parachute Weight: 1.3oz (37g)
- Nominal Rating: 4lbs @ 15fps
- Cd of 2.2
- Number of Gores: 8
- Exterior Dimensions: 1.5″ x 2.1″ x .6″
- Internal 500mAh Lipo battery for up to 6 hrs flying
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (34g)
- Servo Connections: 3 Pin header, JR standard servo connector
Instructions: The Phantom 3 is very similar to the Phantom 4 in most respects. The launcher board is slightly different, but otherwise the same. Here are the Phantom 4 Help pages.