Drone Obstacle Challenge
In teams of 1-2, the students will build a drone, learn to fly a drone, design and test a drone obstacle course, and finally compete to fly a drone fastest through. Student-designed drone obstacle courses.
STUDENTS WILL BE:
- Building a drone using individual drone parts and a manual
- Designing and building a drone obstacle course using the supplies listed
- Racing against classmates to complete all student-designed obstacle courses.
YOU MAY WANT TO ADD:
- Designated timers for the races/completion of student obstacle courses.
- Completion competition versus fastest times if students are not able to complete all obstacle courses or are extremely challenged by the obstacles.
- A large grassy or soft ground area that will accommodate the courses.
- If needed, limit course size to accommodate your space.
- A storage area for the course parts.
- Discuss safety in drone manual, especially considering flying the drones close to other people.
1. Pool Noodles with holes
2. Yard stakes or wooden dowels that fit inside of noodle
3. Duct Tape
4. Large grass area finally compete or land that will accept yard stakes or wooden dowels
5. Optional: hula hoops
Kit includes drone for 1 to 2 students in total.
Grades 6 – Undergraduate
Is matched to the Next Generation Science Standards
This kit can be taken apart and reused
Extra Battery Included