GDU Byrd Premium 2.0 (with 4k camera) It is also good for Aerial Photography and Cinematography
Byrd Premium 2.0 is a full folding professional photography drone with 4k camera gimbals, 2000 meters video transmission distance, 6700mAh battery, 29 minutes of flight time, one button take off and return, follow me mode, Universal Flying Platform to upgrade your cameras, Vision Positioning, and other smart features.
The Universal flying Platform changes the drone game completely. No longer will people need to buy a new drone just to upgrade to the newest camera. Because of Byrd’s extreme power and modular gimbal system, users simply swap out an older camera gimbal for the latest and greatest camera. Not only that, switch out cameras based on your specific needs – change out a 4K for video to an infrared for search and rescue to a 10X optical zoom camera for industrial inspection to a DSLR/mirrorless mount for the best possible aerial photography. One drone now does it all.
GDU’s unique Delivery Box is yet another first in the drone industry. It attaches to the Byrd via a small locking mechanism next to the gimbal system and can be released during flight via the flight app or the remote controller. Originally designed for use in search and rescue for dropping medication or location beacons, it can be used to deliver a multitude of items – from small tools at a construction site to golf balls on the back nine! It can also help save lives by carrying special sensors into locations to determine if they are safe to enter after radiation or chemical spills. You can even use it to deliver an engagement ring!
More Space to Live Your Life
Because the Byrd folds up to the size of an iPad, it takes up far less space than most drones on the market today. No longer do you need large, bulky cases to carry your drone – simply fold it up and store it in your backpack. This also leaves a lot more space in your pack to carry other photography equipment, or even just clothes and equipment for a fun weekend trip. But even with its small folded size, the Byrd unfolds to the most powerful consumer drone ever launched. The Byrd’s large wingspan provides amazing stability and the powerful rotors give the Byrd a payload of nearly five pounds – enough to lift most DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. Byrd gives you far more for far less.
Super Tough and Completely Reliable
The Byrd is made of military-grade and highly wear-resistant parts, providing for industry leading reliability and impact resistance. Not only does GDU use the best parts available, but GDU also has the industry’s best quality control testing center for any consumer level drone. We test the Byrd through extreme climate conditions (heat, cold, rain, dust), weight capability, wind resistance and many others. Because of this testing you can have peace of mind that your Byrd is one of the safest drones in the sky.
GDU was founded on four pillars of design – the first being power. And the Byrd is extremely powerful, having the biggest and strongest rotors of any consumer drone providing nearly five pounds of payload. Power is what allows the Byrd to lift heavier cameras and is the heart of the Universal Flying Platform – the Byrd’s feature that provides the ability to swap out different camera and gimbal options, including a DSLR mount, a 10x optical zoom camera, an infrared camera and others. Byrd’s power also gives you the ability to fly is strong winds – don’t be grounded by unpredictable winds, let Byrd keep you in the air.
Longer Battery Life
One of the benefits of being such a powerful drone is the ability to carry a bigger battery – and the Byrd has a big one, a full 6700 mAh 4S LiPo battery. This big battery sits in the middle of the Byrd providing extra stability and a full 29 minutes of flight time. As with all LiPo batteries, cold temperature conditions, wind speed, payload amount and flight style can vary how much flight time the battery will provide – but this big battery will get you the most time in the air possible.
Longer propellers: Byrd features 12-inch propellers, made of material PA6 and 30%GF that makes the propellers resistant to deformation, stable and powerful. (Result from test can vary with different situation)
GDU was founded on four pillars of design – power, portability, modularity and functionality. And the GDU engineers changed the drone industry with the world’s first folding drone design – the GDU Byrd. With the Byrd 2.0, GDU added a video transmission technology called orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) – which is simply big words for better and longer video transmission. OFDM doubles the transmission distance of the Byrd 1.0 and is far less susceptible to interference than traditional WiFi transmission. This Byrd was built to last!
Every single Byrd that comes off the production line is put through its paces. We crush it, cook it, freeze it and blast it with wind and UV rays to ensure every unit is totally reliable and ready to take on the world. The Byrd is also made of military-grade and highly wear-resistant parts, providing for industry leading reliability and impact resistance. Because of this testing you can have peace of mind that your Byrd is one of the safest drones in the sky.
- Byrd Aircraft
- Byrd Premium Remote Controller
- Three-axis Stabilized Gimbal
- 4K Camera (12M)
- 2.4G OFDM HD Video Downlink System (2000m)
- 8 Pairs of Propellers
GoPro HERO 4, Infrared camera, Sony RX100 M4
SONY ALPHA6000, 10 Times Zooming Camera
- Drone x 1, 4K Camera Gimbal x 1, Remote Control x 1, Battery x 1, Charger x 1, Extra Propellers.
- 2,000 meters of video transmission distance. 29 minutes of flight time. 2-3 hours charging time.
- Built-in high definition graphics module, 94°Wide angle, Minimize distortion.
- Universal Flying Platform; WIFI connection, Advanced transmission; Resistant to four-level winds.
- 4K videos and photos, Built-in high definition graphics module, 94°Wide angle, Minimized distortion. Easy to replace the camera; WIFI connection, Advanced Transmission; Four-level wind resistant.
- Includes a delivery box to carry goods up to 2km.
- What are the characteristics of Byrd Premium 2.0?
- Size (folded): 273 * 223 * 107 mm
- Body wheelbase (expand): 622 mm
- Body weight (including battery and paddle): 1890 g
- Pixels: 1200W
- Video format: .MP4 (H.264 codec) .AVI
- Video resolution: 4K: 24/25/30 fps, 1080p: 25/30/50/60 fps, 960p: 25/30/48/50/60 fps,
- 720p: 25/30/50/60/100/120 fps
- Photo mode: 12M
- Lens: Sony CMOS
- Support for memory card types: Supports Micro-SD up to 64GB
- Operating temperature: -10 ° C to 50 ° C
- Multi-sensor positioning: Visual and acoustic positioning (P mode)
- Visual positioning hover accuracy: Vertical: +/- 2.54 cm, horizontal: +/- 3 cm
- GPS positioning hover accuracy: Vertical: +/- 0.8 m, level: +/- 1.0 m