We’ve all seen them around and thought they look cool, futuristic, and maybe a tad unobtainable – Head Up Displays (HUDs) are still mostly limited to expensive factory options on brand new, high-spec models of car. However, the HUDWAY Cast is looking to change that by bringing a premium HUD to the masses that anyone automobile can benefit from!
The advantages of a HUD are numerous, but the majority stem from aspects of safety that are neglected by the alternative devices (or users in some cases). Mobile navigation apps have become commonplace as the go-to for many, however, this is fraught with issues: when mounted it will likely obstruct part of your view or lead you to take your eyes off the road to check directions or other notifications.
This is where a HUD comes in – a head-up display device allows drivers to see directions and other navigation information right in front of their eyes, without the need to take your focus away from the road ahead. The HUDWAY Cast projects to a lens which enlarges it to 20″ and focuses the images and text as if they were 9 feet or 2.8 meters ahead of you. This range is kinder on your eyes and lets them readjust their focus between the road and the HUD much simpler.
No matter the time of day or weather conditions, you can rely on the HUDWAY Cast HUD to deliver a bright image that’s easy to see. As the lens display is 20 times brighter than a standard smartphone screen, even on a sunny day and with a completely transparent lens you’ll benefit from full-colour projection. With a display that automatically brightens and dims, there’ll be no need to adjust when driving.
Seamlessly connecting to any smartphone that supports Miracast or Airplay (so neatly all of them!), the HUDWAY Cast Display needs little setup. Simply open your navigation app of choice, cast it to the HUDWAY and let it do the rest. If important information comes through, simply use the intuitive swipe and tap system to answer calls, send quick message templates, share your location, or switch the tracks — all with navigation remaining where you can see it.
- Simply attach the mount to your dashboard and plug into the cigarette lighter socket to set it up
- The interface is built of bright and bold color spots to make it as clear in your peripheral eyesight as possible
- Quickly view and manage the basic notifications like recent phone calls, smart navigation suggestions, location search, music, and your favorite widgets without losing focus on the road
- Use HUDWAY Cast navigation to guide you with features like offline maps, live traffic info, and an uncluttered route view, or use your tried-and-tested favourite in the app settings
- When you’re using HUDWAY Cast navigation, you will always see the directions displayed on the heads-up display, no matter what you’re doing in the app on your smartphone. That is to say, you can handle calls or switch tracks and still see the navigation streamed on the lens.
- Accept calls with ease using your headset, car speakers, or your smartphone, and use swipes to accept or dismiss a call
- Listen to a received message, reply with a voice message, reply with a quick template message or share your position and ETA with ease
- Manage your music with quick swipes and taps thanks to the driving-friendly UI (without losing directions)
Dimensions (overall): W153.8 x L100.9 x H40.2mm
Dimensions (lens): W162 x H92mm
Operating voltage and current: 12-14 V at 1 Amp (Max)
1 x HUDWAY Cast device
1 x Dash mount (butterfly-shaped)
1 x Power cable (to cigarette lighter)
1 x Hex key
4 x Cable clips
1 x Magnet mount for a smartphone
1 x Metal plate for the smartphone to be used with the magnet mount
1 x OTG cable for wired connection
1 x Warranty and quick start guide