Sania Box | Raspberry Pi 4 Based Embedded Computer Science Kit for Kids | Ages 8 and Up
The Sania Box embedded computer kit is a pre-designed DIY kit for children aged 8 and upwards. Designed by avid coding teen Sania Jain, and developed with Moonshot Jr, it’s designed to foster an interest in STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) subjects from an early age. Coding is often considered intimidating but this kit breaks down complex concepts into easy-to-understand lessons.
What sets the kit apart is the one-of-a-kind add-on board that is pre-designed to give kids hands-on experience in electronics components like LED, sensors like thermal sensor and gas sensor, relay, and 7-segment display with coding. The board fits on the Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi 4 board 40 Pin header. Raspberry Pi is the preferred single-board computer that is famous for its ability to enhance critical thinking, encourage innovation, and introduce young minds to the wonders of STEM.
- Add-on Board: This kids’ computer has a one-of-a-kind add-on board that helps develop STEM skills in children. The add-on board is pre-designed to give kids hands-on experience in coding. The board fits on the Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi 4 board 40 Pin header. It is integrated with a 3-digit 7-segment numeric display, relay(an electrically operated switch), and some use sensors to add even more fun when experimenting with this programming kit.
- Multiple Components for the Perfect Educational Tool: While the add-on board features push buttons, LED lights, relay and multiple sensors such as the thermal sensor and the gas sensor, the DIY computer kit itself contains an SD card with pre-installed python programs to get hands-on practice on the add-on board. It also comes with a keyboard and mouse, breadboard, wires, LEDs, and resistors – all essential items that make up this awesome build your own computer science kit.
- Raspberry Pi 4: The kit includes a Raspberry Pi 4 single-board computer that’s ideal for building a computer kit. Relying on Python as its preferred language, first-timers will quickly become accustomed to its ease of use, rich internet resource bank, and user-friendly data structures. Once acquainted with Python, it’s highly unlikely that kids will want to use another programming language!
- Facilitates STEM Learning: STEM education has long been known for its ability to build critical thinking skills, a spirit of innovation, and contribute towards a scientific bent of mind. Seeing as STEM workers play an important role in keeping economies afloat, it’s never too early to get kids started on this exciting learning path. The Sania Box embedded computer encourages STEM learning and makes it extremely fun for kids to engage with these subjects.
- For Ages 8 and Up: The embedded computer is designed for kids aged 8 years and above. By building their own computer kit, they learn to think independently, become more independent, and develop an interest in STEM subjects. It fosters experimentation, introduces them to the basics of computer engineering, and demystifies coding. This sets them up for a future of creating their own IoT devices and computer-related devices. The kit comes with pre-installed codes for beginners.
The kit contains an SD card with pre-installed python programs and has all the essential components kids need to build an embedded computer. All kids need is a monitor to connect your Sania Box kit and you are good to go. The kit comes with a keyboard and mouse so kids do not have to borrow them from parents. With this in a child’s learning arsenal, learning takes on a fun element, and coding is transformed into a wonderful activity that sets the stage for higher learning in the future.
Here is a comprehensive list of items in the kit:
- Wired keyboard and mouse
- Custom Case
- USB-C Power supply
- 16 GB SD card with preloaded software to help you start programming out of the box
- HDMI cable to use a TV as your monitor
- A Raspberry Pi Model 4 with 1 GB Ram and 64-bit quad-core processor to power the add-on board
- The Sania Box embedded add-on board has the following features: 2 LEDs (Red and Green) that can blink, keep steady, and turn off Push Button Thermal Sensor Touch Sensor Three-digit, 7-segment Display Relay Circuit Light Sensor Gas Sensor (CO2, methane, etc)