Lightweight High-Speed Anti-Collision Sensor for Drone and Robot Applications
TeraRanger Tower Evo – Solid-state ToF LiDAR system, 4/8 detection zones, 92 grams.
TeraRanger Tower Evo is a solid-state LiDAR system. With zero moving parts, the product offers increased robustness and silent operation. At the same time, the compact and lightweight design make it ideal for fast-moving and lightweight robotic applications, both on the ground and airborne. In addition, TeraRanger Tower Evo is compatible with Pixhawk (APM) flight controllers. Choose between 4 versions with varying performance, including 4 or 8 detection zones.
Simultaneous monitoring of multiple axes
When mounted on ground or airborne robot, the simultaneous data point acquisition of 4 or 8 axes at high speed, coupled with the natural movement of the robot (both translations and rotations), ensures the capture of features and data points around the robot, with a similar output to the laser scanners typically used in SLAM operations.
- Principle: Infrared Time-of-Flight (ToF)
- Range: *0.5m up to 60m
- Update rate:
- up to 240Hz per sensor (4 sensor version)
- up to 120Hz per sensor (8 sensor version)
- Output rate: Variable (given by update rate) or fixed at 50Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 600Hz
- Output resolution: 0.5cm below 14m, 2cm from 14m
- Accuracy: ±4cm in the first 14m, 1.5% above 14m
- Field of view: Approx. 2° per sensor, 45°between each sensor axis
- Supply voltage: 12V to 24V DC
- Supply current @ 12V (8 sensors Tower mode): 1100mA (max)
- USB 2.0 Micro-B
- UART, +3.3V level, 115200,8,N,1
- WS2812B LED serial control output
- Micro USB
- 6pin Hirose DF13
- 4pin Hirose DF13
Onboard IMU: Bosch BNO055
- 135g (fully assembled with eight sensors)
- 92g (fully assembled with four sensors)
Mounting: 4 mounting holes for M3 screws
Eye Safety: Yes (under IEC62471)
*Please note: Product performance, including maximum range, will vary according to the operating environment, surface reflectivity, direct sunlight, and other variables. Therefore, please test in your intended operating environment and conditions.