UART to RS232 Converter
Serial port (DB9) is among the most popular interface between computers and devices such as GSM modems and RFID readers. However, since the computer is using an RS232 interface while the microcontroller is using a TTL UART interface, a level shifter is needed in order for the microcontroller to interface with the RS232 peripheral device.
- Utilizing the MAX232 level shifter.
- Comes with DB9-Male (PC Side) Connector.
- Can be used together with the UC00A or UC00B to be a USB to RS232 Converter.
- Support Tx, Rx, CTS, and RTS pin.
URS232A is a UART to RS232 Converter utilizing the MAX232 level shifter. It’s handy for interfacing a microcontroller with an RS232 device such as the GSM modem, RFID reader, etc. It can also be used together with the UC00A or UC00B USB to UART and becomes a USB to RS232 Converter. Pre-soldered with male DB9 connector, MAX232, and capacitors.
- Serial Loopback Test, to verify URS232A is working properly