DACBerry 400 S
The DACBerry400S is the first accessory available for the Raspberry Pi 400 that provides audio capabilities. In addition, it is the first accessory designed specifically for the Raspberry Pi 400’s all-in-one computer format.
The DACBerry400 range is a high-resolution soundcard with gold plating and a matte black finish. It fits discretely onto the back of the Pi400, avoiding the clutter of cables and fixtures used with other possible solutions. It is also usable with Raspberry Pi boards, plugging directly onto the GPIO header.
The Raspberry Pi relies on HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) expansion modules with no analog outputs to provide audio input/output features. With up to two 3.5mm jacks across two product versions, DACBerry400 S supports audio out (headphones, line-out) and audio in (MIC). In addition, the DACBerry400 connects to the Raspberry Pi 400’s 40-pin GPIO header and provides pass-through for further expansion.
It suits all users, from beginners to professionals. Connect your DACBerry400 to desired powered speakers or an audio amplifier, and you can be up and running quickly, enjoying flawless high-quality audio playback.
It integrates a 96kHz/32bit DAC chip with hardware volume control, allowing you to play/record your files digitally. Outputs are line-level headphones over a 3.5mm jack cable. The DACBerry400 uses the I2S interface for its audio input which reduces CPU load on the Raspberry Pi compared to USB solutions. In addition, it is powered directly from the GPIO header, so no extra cables or power supplies are needed, keeping all USB ports on the Pi 400 free for other uses.
The software-configurable DACBerry400 fits easily into the Raspberry Pi ecosystem. It uses an integrated DSP to create 3D effects, including equalization and de-emphasis. A DAC complements this with 102dB SNR and ADC with 92dB SNR. In addition, the low-noise design partitions the analog and digital functions to achieve THD+N @ 1kHz of 0.003%.
The Raspberry Pi 400 has become extremely popular with younger makers, providing a low-cost, all-in-one computing solution. Adding audio in/out will bring a new dimension to that experience and help retro gamers, coding clubs, schools, and hobbyists discover more application areas. No soldering is required, and it’s simple to install and use; connect your DACBerry400 to a set of speakers, headphones, or an audio amplifier and enjoy crystal-clear high-quality audio playback.
- Analog soundcard
- DAC SNR 102dB @96kHz
- ADC SNR 92dB @96kHz
- THD+N 0.003% / -92dB @1kHz
- Integrated DSP with 3D Effects, EQ, and De-Emphasis
- Ultra low-noise LDO for analog power rail
- Gold-plated 3.5mm headset/headphone jack (mic in – stereo out)
- Low-Noise design with isolated Digital and Analog parts
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi / Tinker Board / Jetson Nano and others with compatible GPIO
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 400
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi’s with the 40-pin connector, Asus Tinker Board, and others (Odroid, Banana Pi..)
- Compatible with OSMC / RuneAudio / Volumio / Moode / PiCorePlayer and others
- Designed and assembled in beautiful Barcelona, Spain
- We only use original parts from top brands on our products. Stay away from products using fake parts, and help us win the battle against counterfeit semiconductors.