Niryo Ned2 – The 6-Axis Robot Designed for Education and Research
Following its predecessor’s footsteps, Ned2 is the ideal cobot to meet your needs in prototyping Industry 4.0-oriented applications. Its six-axis gives it a range of motion that meets the needs of the industry. Furthermore, with the same aluminum structure as Ned, Ned2 will continue to meet your requirements regarding robustness, precision (0.5 mm), and repeatability (0.5 mm).
We have reworked the overall aesthetics of Ned to offer you a product with plastic injection molded covers, reducing its net weight and improving its robustness and finish. Ned2 is based on Ubuntu 18.04 and ROS Melodic and benefits from the capabilities of the Raspberry PI 4, a high-performance 64-bit ARM V8 processor, and 4GB of RAM.
Discover a robot with increased performance, thanks to new servo motors featuring Silent Stepper Technology, which significantly reduces the noise level of the Robot. Improved Human-Machine Interaction, The novelty of Ned2 lies in improving your experience of learning and handling the Robot.
Discover today a product redesigned according to your expectations, allowing you to meet your needs better while facilitating your apprehension of the Robot, the messages emitted, and its operation.
You can now appreciate the presence of a LED ring at your Robot’s base and quickly obtain the necessary information from Ned2. You will also find two speakers in the base of Ned2, making it easier for you to understand the messages thanks to a sound design adapted to the different states of the Robot.
We have also equipped Ned2 with a control panel on its wrist, allowing you to manipulate your robot arm with simple pressure. Activate the Freemotion” mode with one touch, move your Robot to the desired location, save its position in Niryo Studio, and create your sequences as easily as possible. You can also program a dedicated button to suit your project’s needs.
A Complete Ecosystem
Discover a complete ecosystem reworked to fit your needs:
- For example, a Conveyor Belt allows you to set up processes that reproduce industrial production lines.
- A Vision Set allows the Robot to perform tasks based on image processing and artificial intelligence, responding to the challenges of Industry 4.0.
- Students, engineers, or researchers, bring your collaborative robotics projects to life with Ned2.
- With Niryo Studio, learn robotics programming at your own pace through a visual and intuitive interface based on Blockly. Then, set up a multitude of projects in the easiest way possible.
- Perform advanced processes based on artificial intelligence and image recognition with our Vision Set, which includes a camera and tools to create workspaces for your Robot.
- With our Conveyor Belt and all the accessories offered by Niryo, implement complete Industry 4.0 processes, such as Pick & Place processes, in a concrete and realistic way.
- Open-source, Ned2 allows you to develop without limits and implement use cases that meet your needs.
We have redesigned a large part of our ecosystem and the tools that make it try to meet your expectations best while making it easier for you to get
Started and used Ned2
- The Easy Connect interface is now based on a magnetic attachment system that is more robust and reliable. Changing tools has never been so easy and fast;
- Our different grippers have also been reworked to improve their robustness and ergonomics with new motors, making it easier to grip various objects;
- Our new vacuum pump now allows you to go even further and grasp objects more firmly thanks to the improvement of its suction system and its suction cup;
- Finally, our Vision Set has also been reworked to simplify different use cases that rely on vision.
There are different ways to control Ned2, from the most intuitive to the most complex:
- Using the control panel on the Robot’s wrist, move your Robot’s arm with your fingertips using the “Freemotion” mode.
- Use Niryo Studio, our visual and intuitive programming interface based on Blockly, and create your programs by selecting multiple blocks.
- With its digital inputs and outputs, control Ned2 with an Arduino board or a Raspberry Pi.
- Control Ned2 via our Python and Modbus APIs, or dive into the heart of the Robot by developing your own ROS nodes in Python or C++. Finally, develop new ways to control Ned2 for your different projects.