Niryo One, A 6-Axis Open Source Collaborative Robot Made in France
Affordable and easy to use, it has been designed for higher education, vocational training, and R&D laboratories. This industrial type robotic arm is based on ROS (https://github.com/NiryoRobotics/niryo_one_ros), Arduino, Raspberry Pi and allows programming with Scratch (Blockly), Python, C++, Matlab, Modbus TCP/IP, TCP ASCII Server. Niryo One also gives you access to the entire “Niryo Education” ecosystem with educational resources that will guide you step by step, responsive “Niryo Care” support to answer all your questions, dedicated Niryo One Studio software that includes 3D simulation.
A Robot to train the engineers of tomorrow
Niryo designs robots for both education and industry. This know-how gives Niryo One industrial credibility and loyalty. Niryo One is a 6-axis robot, an essential feature to obtain the freedom of movement necessary for industrial-type uses. To allow you to work on a wide range of applications, their engineers have developed 5 different gripping tools that you can easily and quickly connect to the Niryo One using the universal connector.
There are many educational uses for the Niryo One:
- 3D printing
- Industrial chain demonstrators
- The Niryo Education ecosystem
- Educational resources
- Software, support
- A whole community
Niryo supports you and provides you with free educational resources. This online documentation, videos, and tutorials are intended to help you build ready-to-use industrial demonstrators. You will also have access to Niryo One studio which will allow you to program the robot and visualize a 3D simulation of it. If you are facing a difficulty, the support team will be happy to help you and you can also count on the support of an entire community!
A robot used by the most prestigious R&D laboratories and universities
Niryo One is now used in the most prestigious R&D laboratories and universities around the world for prototyping purposes and preparation for the Industry of the future. This open and accessible robot is an ideal tool for both research and teaching.
Niryo One: technical specifications
- Number of axes: 6
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- Lifted load: 0.3 kg
- Max. range 440 mm: 440 mm
- Base angle: +/- 175 °
- Repeatability: +/- 1 mm
- Power source: 12 Volts / 7A
- Communication: WIFI Ethernet: 2.4 GHz Range 802.11n / Ethernet
- WIFI: 2.4 GHz Range 802.11n / Bluetooth 4.1: 2.4 GHz; 2.5 mW (4 dBm) / USB
- Interface/Programming: Windows/MacOS/Linux (desktop application), Gamepad, APIs
- Power consumption: ~ 60 W
- Materials: Aluminium, PLA (3D printing)
- Ports: 1 Ethernet + 4 USB
- Electronics: Raspberry pi 3 / + 3 x NiryoSteppers / + 2 x Dynamixel XL – 430 / + 1 x Dynamixel XL – 320
- Collision detection sensor: Magnetic sensor (on motor)
Niryo One educational robot: box contents
- Niyro One Robot
- Gripper 1
- Power supply 11, 1 V 6A
- Universal USB Micro SD Micro USB Adapter
- Tools: screwdriver 3 x 75, hexagonal wrenches (1,5mm – 2mm – 2mm – 2,5mm- 3mm – 4mm – 5mm – 6mm), flat spanner 8 even
- 4 feet
- 4 suction cups
The weight of the robot is 3.2 kg and the robot’s payload is 300 gr (0.3 kg).
Concerning the warranty, our products have a 1-year warranty for the material dysfunctions that are not due to a bad manipulation from the user. In the European Union, we provide a legal 2 years warranty for this type of dysfunction.
- The Niryo One is already assembled.
- It comes with a standard gripper.
- Niryo One is based on ROS, and it is compatible with ROS Kinectic, more information here: https://github.com/NiryoRobotics/niryo_one_ros