Pi-EzConnect – Securely Connect Components, Sensors, etc. to Raspberry Pi 40 Pin Header
If you use or plan to use a Raspberry Pi for robotics or other data collection uses, you will need a Pi-EzConnect to secure the electronics, components, wiring etc. to the Pi. Instead of using jumpers, where wires can fall off easily, use a Pi-EzConnect to secure the connections.
To connect sensors, LEDs, etc. to a Raspberry Pi, the traditional method is to use a flat ribbon cable, a breadboard, or other wires. With the Pi-EzConnect, the connection is simplified and mechanically stable. No risk of wires shaking loose or falling off. Terminal blocks expose all the header pins as well as the Power.
- Power – both 3.3V, as well as the 5V, is available via several connect points on Pi-EzConnect. Ground bus is also available on Pi-EzConnect.
- Electronic components such as pull-up or pull-down resistors, LEDs, other devices can easily be soldered onto the solder points on the Pi-EzConnect.
- Sensors can also be soldered on solder points provided. Alternately, use the solderless terminal block connections provided.
- Extended header pins allow other HATs to be connected to Pi-EzConnect without any loss of functionality.
- To mount the Pi-EzConnect board on the Raspberry Pi use the 2.5mm x 15mm brass spacer standoff kit for Raspberry Pi HATs/boards. These spacers are available in the alchemy power store. The spacers provide mechanical stability to the board and the Raspberry Pi. Datasheet and other relevant information on the Alchemy Power website. Pi-EzConnect works with 40 pin headers conforming to Raspberry Pi 40 pin definition. This includes variants as Pi-2, Pi-3, Pi-4, Asus Tinker Board, Orange, etc.