You may not be acquainted with LoRa, but you are probably familiar with the Internet of Things, and LoRa is set to alter the IoT. It’s a wireless technology used for automatic meter reading, smart parking, and livestock tracking, among other things. Its capacity to transport packets across vast distances without much power makes it popular. As a result, it’s great for delivering small quantities of data to far-flung devices. However, there is a catch, and the hitch with LoRa is that setting up these devices is difficult. With the RangePi, we tried to make things easier.
The RangePi is an open-source USB dongle that enables you to work with the LoRa network from any computer or device. It is built on the Semtech SX1262, which allows your projects to communicate up to a 5 km range with auto-repeat.
The RangePi is also compatible with Linux and boards such as the Raspberry Pi and the BeagleBone. You don’t have to utilize your Raspberry Pi’s GPIO pins as it connects via USB. IoT integrators may use the device to test and set up networks without carrying around a development board, cable, adapters, and other components. LoRa is already used in various industries, including vineyards for weather monitoring, trains for detecting frozen railway switches, and pest management for linked mousetraps.
Range-Pi is a low-cost portable “Plug and Play LoRaTM Dongle” based on Raspberry Pi RP2040 and LoRaTM Modules, which comes with an onboard 1.14″ LCD that covers 433/868/915 MHz frequency band to enable data transmission up to 5 KM.
- RangePi is a low-power consumption data transmission dongle based on RP2040.
- It is an open-source USB dongle that enables you to work with the LoRa network from any computer or device.
- Built on the Semtech SX1262 with onboard 1.14″ LCD
- It is developed to enable data transmission up to 5 KM through the serial port
- Highly secured with wireless parameter configuration support
- RangePi is also compatible with Linux and boards such as the Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, etc.
- LCD: 1.14″ LCD
- Onboard: RP2040 MCU
- Frequency: 433, 868 & 915 MHz
- Power: 22dBm
- Distance: Up to 5Km
- Interface: UART Communication
- LoRa Module: E22-400T22S / E22-900
- Communication: USB LoRa & USB RP2040
- Serial Port Module: E22-900T22S1B/E22-900T22S1B
- Voltage Level Translator: 74HC125V
- 1 x RangePi – LoRa and RP2040 USB Stick (433/868/915MHz)
- 1 x Antenna
Note: Please confirm the locally supported LoRa band before placing an order.