TOSR08 – 8 Channel Smartphone Bluetooth Relay Kit – (Android/iOS)
TOSR08 V2 Bluetooth Relay kit supports both Android and iOS. It’s a convenient and easy-to-use product that can control any electrical equipment. You may wish to pair it with a mobile phone or a computer (etc.). Open the APP-> Connect Device, use your phone to search for a new Bluetooth device. The module will appear as “BT Bee-BLE” (iOS) or “BT Bee-EDR” (Android). Connect it, and then you can control the relay’s ON/OFF. The communication way also can be changed easily. Remove the Bluetooth Bee module instead with a WiFiBee, and it becomes a WIFI relay.
The TOSR08 provides eight-volt free contact relay outputs with a current rating of up to 10Amp each. The module is powered from a 5VDC power supply (or USB). The DC input jack is 2.1mm with positive core polarity, and The relays are SPDT type. So if you want to power it with DC12V, you need a 12V/24V-5V DC converter.
- Smartphone APP: We also provide FREE Android/iOS App. You can control your Device with your phone very easily.
- Android APP: TOSR Bluetooth
- iPhone APP: TSIR Bluetooth
Note: Please remove the Bluetooth module when you use a USB connection.
USB/Wireless Relay module Description
- This USB/Wireless Relay Module allows the computer to control the switching of external devices by using the USB port of your computer!
- Meanwhile, it has a wireless expansion port, and it can work with XBEE Bluetooth Bee or Wifly Module, which means now you can control your Device by ZigBee Bluetooth or WiFi!
- The TOSR0x module can be powered by USB bus or DC power and provides eight-volt free contact relay outputs with a current rating of up to 10 Amp each.
Relay power rating
- If the relay is used at a voltage or current exceeding this specification, the life of the contacts may be significantly shortened.
- A full datasheet for the relays used on the TOSR0x is here: G5LA datasheet
- If you use DC Power, the Input voltage should be DC5V.
First Step – Install the Driver
- The TOSR0x module uses FT232RL USB to UART chip. Therefore, before using the TOSR0x, you must download the FT232RL Driver.
- Connect the TOSR0x, and windows will detect it and ask for the drivers. Point windows to the inf folder, and it will install the driver.
- The TOSR0x will now appear as a com port.
Note: Please remove the Bluetooth/WIFI module when using USB control.
- The TOSR0x operates with an easy-to-use command set as described in the table below.
- TOSR0x Baud rate: 9600
To get the TOSR0x up and running in the minimum amount of time, we have put together an example program to demonstrate the module’s functionality.
- 1x 8 Channel USB/Wireless Relay Module
- 1x BluetoothBee Wireless module
- 1x Bluetooth Dongle
- 1x Mini USB cable