Petoi Bittle – A Palm-Sized Programmable Open Source Robot Dog for STEM Learning and Fun
- Coding, STEAM, STEM, Robotics Learning: build and program your Bittle to perform new skills and tricks while harnessing all aspects of STEM learning. Begin with Scratch block-based coding and advance with Arduino IDE and, C++, Python. Develop your moto, physics, engineering skills & problem-solving abilities.
- DIY your robot: an excellent and challenging hands-on learning opportunity to assemble your robot with 3D puzzle parts. Suitable for adults and children over the age of 12.
- Program AI tasks: program Bittle to see, listen, sense the surrounding environment, and navigate the world with the optional intelligent camera module or other Arduino/Raspberry Pi compatible sensors.
- Open Source robot: Bittle operates on OpenCat, an open-source quadruped robot platform published on Github that fuses multiple gadgets into one organic system, offering endless programming and customization possibilities.
- The World’s First Palm-sized, Servo-activated Robot Dog
- * Dimensions: 200 x 110 x 110mm(7.9 x 4.3 x 4.3inch); Weights: 290g(10.22oz)
Programmable Artificial Intelligence Robot
- Built on NyBoard, a board fully compatible with Arduino Uno. In addition, standard Arduino modules can be attached.
- Raspberry Pi support – can connect to a Raspberry Pi 3A+/Zero directly. It will power the Pi and communicate with the Pi through the serial port.
- It is built on OpenCat, an Open Source Project for Quadruped Robots. Adapt OpenCat for Your Purposes and run any Customized Version on Bittle.
Perfect for STEM and Robotics Education: Learn Coding, Customize, and Program Your Pet to Make It Come To Life With Amazing and Cute Tricks
* Use the optional intelligent camera module mounted on Bittle’s mouth to recognize and follow the object
- Built for Robotics and AI Research
- Affordable Quadruped Robots to Make Your Research & Prototype Dream Come True
- * Climbing up a step under real-time instructions sent through Bluetooth
Software and Programming Support
- Petoi Mobile App: iOS, Android
- Arduino IDE: CodeCraft – Scratch-based drag & drop programming
- Python API sending serial commands
- Wireless Dongles – support wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Battery – a Li-ion battery pack for about one hour of continuous walking
Board – NyBoard V1: Bittle is powered by NyBoard V1, a customized Arduino board with an Uno chip. It supports balancing and detecting body status (orientation and acceleration), infrared, serial communication, and Raspberry Pi
- a controllable angle of 270 degrees
- eight P1S servos to actuate Bittle’s walking joins; one is for head panning.
Puzzle-like Body Frame
- Interlocking frame as a 3D puzzle with very few screws involved
- It takes about one hour to put together the body from scratch.
Extensible with Arduino and Raspberry Pi Modules (Optional Add-ons) – The intelligent camera module
- integrates multiple vision recognition algorithms to return recognized human body, objects, and symbols through serial/I2C/wifi.
- Stream video through wifi.
- Bittle battery
- Bittle shell
- NyBoard V1
- Bluetooth dongle
- Wifi dongle
- 10x P1S servos
Note: Bittle is for 13+ years old, not a toy for small kids. We recommend parental guidance to appreciate its rich content and avoid damage or injury.