Petoi Bittle – A Palm-Sized Open Source Bionic Robot Dog for STEM Learning and Fun
- Coding / STEAM / STEM / Robotics Learning: build and program your Bittle to perform new skills and tricks while harnessing all aspects of STEM learning. Begin with Scratch block-based coding and advance with Arduino IDE and C++/Python. Develop your moto, physics, engineering skills & problem-solving abilities.
- DIY your robot: an excellent and challenging hands-on learning opportunity to assemble your robot with 3D puzzle parts. Suitable for adults and children over the ages of 12.
- Program AI tasks: program Bittle to see, listen, sense the surrounding environment and navigate the world with the optional intelligent camera module or other Arduino/Raspberry Pi compatible sensors.
- Open Source robot: Bittle operates on OpenCat, an open-source quadruped robot platform published on Github that fuses multiple gadgets into one organic system, offering endless programming and customization possibilities.
The world’s First Palm-sized, Servo-activated Robot Dog
* Dimensions: 200 x 110 x 110mm(7.9 x 4.3 x 4.3inch); Weights: 290g(10.22oz)
Programmable Artificial Intelligence – Leverage the Open Source Hardware Module Ecosystem
- Built on NyBoard, a board fully compatible with Arduino Uno. In addition, common Arduino modules can be attached.
- Raspberry Pi support – can connect to a Raspberry Pi 3A+/Zero directly. It will power the Pi and communicate with the Pi through the serial port.
Built on OpenCat, an Open Source Project for Quadruped Robots
Adapt OpenCat for Your Purposes and run any Customized Version on Bittle
Play with Your “Dog” for Fun
Perfect for STEM & Robotics Education
Learn Coding, Customize & Program Your Pet to Make It Come To Life With Amazing & Cute Tricks
* Use the optional intelligent camera module mounted on Bittle’s mouth to recognize and follow the object
Built for Robotics & AI Research
Affordable Quadruped Robots to Make Your Research & Prototype Dream Come True
* Climbing up a step under real-time instructions sent through Bluetooth
Software & Programming Support
CodeCraft – Scratch-based drag & drop programming
Python API sending serial commands
Wireless Dongles – support Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
Battery – a Li-ion battery pack for about one hour of continuous walking
Board – NyBoard V1
Bittle is powered by NyBoard V1, a customized Arduino board with an Uno chip. It supports balancing and detecting body status (orientation and acceleration), infrared, serial communication, and Raspberry Pi
- a controllable angle of 270 degrees
- eight P1S servos to actuate Bittle’s walking joins, one is for head panning.
Puzzle-like Body Frame
- Interlocking frame as a 3D puzzle with very few screws involved
- On average, it takes about one hour to put together the body from scratch.
Extensible with Arduino & Raspberry Pi Modules(Optional Add-ons)
The intelligent camera module
- integrates multiple vision recognition algorithms to return recognized human body, objects, and symbols through serial/I2C/WiFi.
- stream video through WiFi.
- Check here for more details
Testimonials and Reviews
Well Received by Media
Thriving Community to Support Each Other
- Bittle battery
- Bittle shell
- NyBoard V1
- Bluetooth dongle
- Wifi dongle
- 10x P1S servos
Note: Bittle is for 13+ years old, not a toy for small kids. We recommend parental guidance to appreciate its rich content and avoid damage or injury.