3DUPFitters Prusa i3 MK3S and MK2 Acrylic Enclosure Kit
3D Printer Not Included. Shipping only to North America, the European Union, and the United Kingdom.
The Prusa i3 line is based on the RepRap open-source hardware, but has the capabilities, fit and finish, and attention to detail of a much more expensive printer. In a market awash with inexpensive printers full of crappy parts that wear out quickly, everything about the Prusa i3 is quality: a hot end that can print anything, a best-in-market removable bed, and a slicer tuned to make the most of the printer.
The only thing the Prusa lacks is an enclosure to make full use of its capabilities, as well as retain the smells and air contaminates from melting plastics. This product is a professional-grade, cool-looking enclosure you can assemble in about an hour, and works with a stock Prusa i3: no modifications needed.
Advantages of adding a 3DUPfitters enclosure:
- A controlled temperature creates better quality prints
- Provides outside air to the power supply with no modifications to the printer
- More flexibility to print different types of filaments, including ABS
- Optional fume filter or vent to the outside (both sold separately)
- Thick 6mm acrylic doors and 3mm sides
The enclosure works by retaining the heat from the bed to bring the ambient temperature up high enough, stabilizing ABS and other filaments that expand when they cool. The optional fan will draw cool air across the power supply, simultaneously heating the air and cooling the supply. The heated air circulates within the enclosure providing a steading temperature; from there the air can be vented into the room, sent through an optional air filter (not included) or vented to the outside via a hose. (not included)
Note that because of the close tolerance around the power supply, the height of the printer must be stock for the MK3 with its rubber feet.
Includes Multimaterial Unit (MMU2S) Support
The enclosure fits your Prusa if it also has an MMU2 or MMU2S. To support the MMU2/S there are four grommeted holes in total, two in the top (for top-mounted spool holders such as a cabinet), and two at the back for table or wall-mounted spool holders.
How it’s Built
All of the plastic parts are 3D printed in ABS to withstand the heat from the enclosure. The panels are cut on a US-made industrial laser and then flat packed for your assembly. All you need for assembly is just a hex wrench and a small Phillips head screwdriver. (not included.)
- Outside dimensions 22.5″ (Deep), 17.72″ (Wide), 20″ (Tall).
- Fits the standard Prusa i3 MK3/MK3S and the MK2 with DIY feet with or without the MMU2 or MMU2S.
- Acrylic spool holder
- 6mm acrylic front panel with frame, doors, injection-molded hinges, magnetic latch, custom-designed latch mount in ABS, steel strike plates, and matching screws.
- 3mm acrylic sides and top with access ports for cables and filament. There is no bottom. The enclosure is designed to sit on a flat surface that acts as a bottom.
- 60x60mm USB-powered fan. 3D print a cover if you don’t wish to vent. (USB power supply not included.)
- One hundred forty screws, nuts, bolts, all connecting plastic pieces, and miscellaneous parts.
Add-ons Sold Separately
- DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PRUSA 3D PRINTER!
- Upgrade to an active charcoal filter and fan to reduce fumes.
- Upgrade the plastic knob to knurled steel.
- Put your logo on the front or sides.
- The outside venting system will send potentially dangerous and odorous fumes outside. We supply the fan and dryer hose adapter; you get the rest of the parts from your local hardware store.
- Interior LEDs
- Temperature gauge and custom holder
- Want something different? Request a custom modification.