The Next Evolution in fuel-free Solar Cooking – BAKE, ROAST, AND STEAM
HEATING TO 550°F, NOTHING’S OFF LIMITS – A simple, yet space-age invention, the Go Sun Sport has the unique ability to prepare meals all day long and all year-round. Go Sun’s parabolic, tubular design works effectively in retaining 80-90% of all sunlight that is caught in its footprint. Cook a meal in less than 20 minutes, using no fuel – only the sun.
SPOTTY CLOUDS? – No Problem!
The power of this little three and a half pound (1.5 kg) portable device cannot be underestimated. It can accommodate up to 3 lbs. (1.4 kg) of food. Meals can be ready to eat in just 20 minutes. Temperature can be adjusted from 200 degree F (93 degree C) to a maximum cooking temp of 550 degree F (288 degree C).
BAKE, ROAST, AND STEAM – HEATING TO 550°F, NOTHING’S OFF LIMITS
- Fast: cook a meal in as little as 20 minutes, utilizing every drop of sunshine
- Versatile: bake, boil and fry; if there’s sun, you’re good to go
- Portable: deploys in seconds and collapses into a durable package
- Fuel Free: no propane tanks, charcoal, lighter fluid or open flame to worry about
- Summer or Winter: due to the vacuum tube, if there is sunlight, you are cooking, even after a snow storm
- Clean: no burning charcoal embers
- Cooks When Cloudy: cook even when the sun is shaded by the clouds
- Safe to Touch: vacuum tube keeps exterior surface cool even while hot inside
What can the GoSun Sport cook?
Bake, roast, steam and fry, the GoSun Sport is a versatile cooker! For some culinary inspiration check out the GoSun Recipe Blog.
Can the GoSun Sport boil water?
GoSun does no recommend boiling water in the Sport directly against the tube. We are however currently in the final stages of manufacturing the GoSun Brew, our water boiling insert, fit for the GoSun Sport. To be kept in the loop about the GoSun, join our mailing list at the bottom of this page.
How much Sun do I need to cook?
You might be surprised how little Sun is needed to finish a meal. As a rule of thumb, the stove will cook quickly if you can see a defined shadow from your hand even when overcast, windy and in some cases rainy. If thick clouds are spotty, cooking is still possible, though it will take longer as the stove builds up heat during the sunny periods. We suggest using a weather tracking app like My Radar to help plan and set you up for success!
How do I know when my food is done?
Many foods will finish cooking when the internal temperature of the food hits near 212°F/100°C. This means that steam is a strong indicator of a dish’s progress. Noticing smell is another easy and surprisingly intuitive way to judging your food’s progress, just make sure not to burn your nose! Give it a couple tries and you’ll be.
- Dry Weight: 7 lbs (3.18kg)
- Oven Volume: 40oz (1.2L) fluid or up to 3 lbs (1.4kg) of food
- Oven Dimensions: 2.7” (7.0cm) outside diameter, 2.1” (5.4cm) inside diameter , 24” (61cm) length
- Unit Open Size: 24” (61cm) long x 16” (41cm) tall x 12” (30cm) wide
- Unit Closed Size: 24” (61cm) long x 8” (20cm) tall x 5” (13cm) wide
- Estimated Power Output: 200 Watts in full sunlight
- Maximum Temperature: 550°F (288°C)
- Working Temperature: 200°F (93°C) – 450°F (232°C)
- GoSun Sport Solar Stove: With industry grade anodized aluminum reflectors and stainless steel legs that function as carrying handles
- Stainless Steel Cooking Tray: Including detachable handle that threads onto inside of tray for compact storage
- Scrubby Cleaning Tool: Designed for the occasional easy cleanup
- Starter Cookbooklet: Outlining basic strategies for cooking a variety of dishes
GET THE FULL PACKAGE
User’s Manual: Always a good thing to have
THE GOSUN 30 DAY GUARANTEE
We stand by our stoves. If you’re not satisfied, just return your stove within 30 days for a full refund.