Harrier 50-42 Drone Parachute Bundle – 2.5KG at 4.6M/S
The bundle uses the lightweight Harrier 50mm launcher paired with the IFC-42-SUZ parachute. The bundle includes everything needed to recover the nominal weight of a multirotor or other UAS of 5.5 lbs (2.5 Kg). The Maximum recommended UAS weight is 11 lbs (5 Kg). The overall weight is 183 grams.
The bundle includes:
- IFC-42-SUZ Iris Ultra Zero Chute with Spectra Shroud lines
- Harrier 50mm diameter with thin wall Carbon Fiber canister
- Easy-to-use parachute launch with patent-pending servo release
- Simple “push to click” rearming after parachute release
- 400# by 18″ L Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your UAV
- 400# Spectra riser, 2 yards length
- Quick link to attach a parachute to the riser and Y harness.
- System Weight – 183 g
- Overall dimensions 1.95″ D x 5.23″ L (50mm D x 133mm L)
What you need:
- The Servo channel to actuate the servo can include the Sentinel Automatic Trigger System or the Skycat Rescue Radio. Also, eject using an extra parachute eject channel from your RC radio. The Pixhawk and some other autopilots do support parachute ejection channels. See the Ardupilot Parachute page, which shows how to set up this functionality.
- Suitable Mount – The Harrier has three 6-32-sized mounting holes in the base. Or even simpler, use a Velcro strap to hold the Harrier onto the amount. We will be providing various mounts shortly.
The Harrier product line raises the bar for high-performance, lightweight, low-cost Drone Ballistic Parachute Launchers. Key features of the Harrier product line are:
- Light Weight – All launchers use thin wall carbon fiber canisters and lightweight nylon parts.
- New Parachute – To have the smallest and lightest launcher possible, we developed a new line called the “Iris Ultra Zero” parachutes. The IFC-42-SUZ parachute weighs just 49 grams and is rated at 2.5 kg @ 4.6 m/s. You can only get this parachute with the Harrier launcher.
- High Energy Spring – All launchers feature powerful springs to get the highest possible ejection velocity and low weight.
- Patent Pending Parachute Release – We pushed the envelope to make the launcher as short and compact as possible. We developed a new low-profile patent-pending spring release mechanism. High quality and fast servo actuate the release of the parachute in a fraction of a second.
- Ease of Use – To reset the parachute launcher after use, you use a simple tool to push down the piston that “clicks” into place. This makes loading the parachute a breeze since you do not have to fight the piston spring. The chute folding can be optimized for fast opening since lines do not need to be wrapped around the parachute.
- Use for Drones and Fixed Wing – You will want to use the Harrier for your Drone Parachute Recovery System. However, the short and compact launcher makes the Harrier an ideal solution for Fixed-Wing UAVs. All the harrier launchers will feature short versions that will fit into the low profile fixed with airframes.
- Many sizes, many diameters – Like our other products, the Harrier product line is a family of launchers of various diameters, and the canister length varies to accommodate different-sized parachutes. Sizes include 40mm, 50mm, 56mm, and more.