Creator Mega Bot for Students to learn Coding, Circuits and Electrical Engineering
Check out what educators and parents alike are raving about! The all-in-one Arduino-powered Creator Mega-Bot, ready to build everything immediately – including our own easy-to-follow, step-by-step curriculum lessons and fun challenges to build, engineer, and code the Mega-Bot!
Coding lessons are available in both drag-and-drop code for younger children (Grades 4-6) and text-based Arduino code based on C for older students (Grades 6-12). Students and adults alike learn coding, circuits, and electrical engineering in a complete project-based, hands-on package and drive this incredibly zippy robot!
But what makes this Bot so different? It includes real wiring and coding in an open-source platform so students can take what they learn and continue building on it in life. The Creator Mega-Bot also includes 50+ hours of curriculum covering a huge number of eye-popping features and modules. See below to check out what’s included!!
Creator Mega-Bot includes:
- Creator Bot Arduino Uno R3 Microcontroller Board: Open-source platform featuring 14 digital input/output pins (6 can be used as PWM outputs) and 6 analog inputs.
- Arduino Mega: The Arduino Mega is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega1280 (datasheet). It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 14 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header, and a reset button Utilizing both the Arduino Uno and the Mega (and the 2 breadboards included) allows builders to operate many modules simultaneously.
- PS2 Wireless Remote Control: Infrared game-like PS2 style remote control with programmable buttons and joysticks allows for full multi-direction control. There’s nothing even close to it out there on the education market, and kids and adults love it!
- LCD Screen: Backlight display can show two rows with up to 16 characters and numerous shapes on each row – code it to display and scroll any message you want!
- Recorder and Speaker: Record sounds, including your voices, and then code your bot to playback at the push of your touch sensor, a button, or remote!
- Motor Driver: Four motor controller module allows you to control the speed and direction of four DC motors for a super-fast bot.
- Custom Wheels: Four custom wheels allow for ultimate stability in driving and controlling the bot for a super-fast bot.
- Ultrasonic Sensors: 3 Ultrasonic sensors measure distance by using ultrasonic waves. Unlike most bots with one of these sensors, our 3 sensors at the front of our bot help our Creator Bot really be self-driving and avoid any obstacle in front or at an angle from your bot.
- Line Sensors: We have two line sensors that detect reflected light from their own infrared LED.
- Touch Sensor: Tactile sensors and are sensitive to touch. You program these to do many fun things, such as light up, make sound, and move.
- Motor Fans: Two fans to spin and learn about servos
- Motion Sensors: Detects motion for fun projects
- Front LED Panel w/remote control: Light your bot’s smile up using any color of a spectrum of rainbow colors that you wire and program! Use your LED remote to change colors!
- Breadboards: 2 Breadboards – Fundamental component in learning to build circuits.
- 3D Printable STL Files: Customize your ride! We include 3D printable STL files to add spoilers and bumpers, and hoods to your bot that students can design with their names, add art designs, or name their bots. And much more!