DJI Mavic Pro Drone Parachute with Sentinel Automatic Trigger
The Fruity Chutes Mavic Pro Automatic Emergency Drone Parachute is lightweight, easy to use, and reliable. Designed with ease of use in mind, you can pack and load the parachute yourself; you do not need to send it back to the manufacturer after use. The parachute system can be used many times. A small rigger jig is included to make folding and packing the parachute easy.
To launch the parachute the bundle provides the Harrier 40mm parachute launcher. The Harrier features a high energy compression spring that ejects the parachute out and away from the Mavic Pro quickly. The launcher has no regulatory or transportation limitations so you can take your Mavic Pro with your Fruity Chutes parachute system anywhere you want.
The centerpiece of the parachute system is the Fruity Chutes Iris Ultra Light chute weighing just 0.96oz (27.7g). The parachute has a nominal rating of 2.5 lbs (1.2Kg) @ 15 feet per second (4.6mps) descent rate after deployment providing a nice gentle landing. The parachute can easily work at heavier load weights of 2.4Kg or more.
The Mavic Pro bundle includes a high tech integrated SLS printed mount that wraps tightly around the center of the copter. A hinge and pin allows quick mounting and removal of the parachute. The mount holds the Harrier 40mm launcher on one side, and the ATS and battery on the other side. It also allows good clearance of the Platinum Pro props, which are slightly longer. There are even line stows integrated into the mount to secure the Spectra harnesses and keep them out of the props.
The parachute system is entirely self-contained, and not reliant on the Mavic Pro power so it works even if the copter’s battery has a complete failure. The Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) can detect if the drone suddenly falls, rolls, or flips. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. By the time the pilot notices a problem, the parachute will already be ejected.
To make setting up faster a quick start guide is supplied with resource links to online tutorials and help resources. QR codes are also provided to make navigation to help resources a smartphone click away. And all Fruity Chutes products have a 2 Year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- A lightweight high efficient annular parachute provides a gentle landing.
- Sentinel Automatic Trigger System (SATS-MINI) automatically detects a drone failure and ejects parachute quickly.
- The Independent power source allows deployment in event of drone power failure.
- A very light system mounts around the center of the Mavic.
- Everything included only a Philips screwdriver required for assembly.
- Parachute comes in two color choices – Orange / White, or Orange / Black.
WHAT’S IN THE BUNDLE
- 30 inch Iris Ultra Zero Compact Chute with Spectra shroud lines
- Harrier 40mm Launcher.
- SATS-MINI Automatic Trigger Controller (failsafe)
- SLS Printed Nylon Integrated Mount
- 400# Spectra harness to provide a multi-point mount to your Inspire 2 drone
- 400# Spectra riser, 1 yards length
- 1/8” Quick links to attach parachute riser to the harness.
- Mini Parachute Rigger Jig
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Registration Booklet
IRIS ULTRA ZERO 30 INCH PARACHUTE
Iris Ultra Zero parachutes are perfect for applications where ultra-low weight and compact packing volume are important. While the parachute is very lightweight, strength is not sacrificed. The parachute features 6 shroud lines each rated at a 200lb break strength. The parachute bridle uses 400lb Spectra. The overall break strength of the parachute is about 400lbs of pull force so you can have complete confidence that the parachute can handle any situation without failure.
FRUITY CHUTES HARRIER LAUNCHER
The lightweight 40mm carbon fiber launcher is spring deployed (no pyro). The launcher uses a simple servo activated release which makes reloading very easy. The parachute and launcher combined weight is just 81 grams.
SENTINEL AUTOMATIC TRIGGER SYSTEM
The Sentinel Automatic Trigger System monitors your flight envelope and will automatically deploy the parachute if it detects out of bounds activity such as a sudden fall, loss of a rotor or motor, or other malfunction. Detection of a fall typically takes just 0.5 seconds or about 6 feet of free fall. Flight controller connections are not required with the MAYDAY.
NOTE: Thorough ground testing of this product is strongly recommended before flying to be sure everything seems to work properly. Also, follow the calibration procedure to be sure the unit can properly detect non-level flight attitudes.
- Complete system weight: 4.8oz (135g)
- Nominal drone weight: 2.5lbs (1.2Kg)
- Max drone weight: 5lbs (2.4Kg)
- Recommended minimum deployment altitude: 100ft (32m)
- Maximum deployment speed: 110fps (75mph)
- Model: IFC-30-SUZ
- Type: Ultra Compact Toroidal (Annular)
- Bridal: 400# Spectra Loop
- Shroud Lines: 200# Spectra, 6 lines
- Fabric: 0.66 oz ripstop
- Parachute Weight: 0.96oz (27.7g)
- Nominal Rating: 2.5lbs @ 15fps
- Cd of 2.2
- Number of Gores: 6
- Exterior Dimensions: 1.5″ x 2.1″ x 0.6″
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V – 5.65V
- Internal 500mAh Lipo battery can power the SATS-MINI for over 6 hours of operation
- Weight: 1.3 oz. (34g)
- Servo Connections: 4 x 3 Pin headers, JR standard servo connector