Enhanced Smart Drive 40 Designed to Drive Brushed DC Motor
Enhanced SmartDrive40 designed to drive brushed DC motor, ranging from medium to high power motor with current capacity. Enhanced SmartDrive40 is an enhanced version of the MDS40A, and it is designed to drive brushed DC motor, ranging from medium to high power motor with current capacity up to 80A peak and 40A continuously.
- Bi-directional control for a single brushed DC motor.
- Support motor from 10V to 45V.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak, reduce to 40A gradually according to temperature.
- 16 kHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- NO Reverse polarity protection.
- LiPo battery low voltage warning.
- Thermal protection.
- Current limiting based on temperature.
- Multiple input modes: RC (Radio Control), Analog, PWM, Simplified Serial, and Packetized Serial.
- On-board push-button for manual operation.
The MOSFETs are switched at 16 kHz to ensure quiet operation and no annoying whining sound. Besides, it is also equipped with a microcontroller unit to provide intelligent features such as multiple input modes, current limiting, and thermal protection.
- 105mm (W) x 106mm(D) x 38mm(H) – Actual driver board
- 125mm (W) x 107mm (D) x 47mm (H) – together with the base
Enhanced SmartDrive40 can also be hooked up with another similar unit and operates in pairs. This makes driving a robot with differential drive a truly plug-and-play experience.
- Increased Vin range, up to 45VDC, allows you to utilize more battery and control a higher power motor.
- Responsive current limiting sensor and algorithm to protect the driver and your motor better.
- High Ampere screw terminals for both battery and motor connection.
- Additional terminal for activating or deactivating the driver further cut off the power to the motor driver, eliminating the need for the high power switch.
- Use switching power supply for 5V regulation, higher output current (5V), and improved efficiency.
- Option to add a fan for better heat dissipation, further increase maximum continuous current.
- The ready header for RC receiver connection.
- Protection of overvoltage.
This SmartDrive40 is also suitable for the Combat/Rumble/Fighting Robot as it can drive the starter motor and operate in RC (Radio Control) mode.
* Please consider proper wire/cable for the battery and motor; thin jumper wire/cable is not suitable for the high current application. In addition, it will affect the performance of the driver and motor control. Therefore, we recommend using Multicore Wire AWG14 Red and Multicore Wire AWG14 Black.