Mini Industrial Robotic Arm – Arduino Controlled – Includes GUI Software
We are surrounded by new technologies, which Students must embrace to succeed in tomorrow’s in-demand technical careers. The challenge is effectively teaching these complex technologies within the school framework. Technology Education provides the MiRobot Laser + as a safe, practical, relevant, and exciting curriculum choice.
- Basic Robot Programming
- Electrical and Electronic Fundamentals
- Robot and Automation Concepts
- Electrical and Electronic Connection
- Mechanical Assembly
- Microprocessor Systems (Arduino)
- Information and Communication Technology
The Student is guided through the project by following the step-by-step directions while learning about the underpinning technologies involved. MiRobot Laser + is supplied with a Microsoft Windows® based Programming and Visualization package – ready to install and a pre-programmed Arduino UNO. MiRobot Laser + is designed to be safe; it is low mass and force and powered by a Low Voltage output “Plug Pack.” (Available in various plug styles).
MiRobot Laser + programming is interactive – move the axes to the required 3D position with the manual controls and then save the coordinates. A program is built up by adding more coordinate lines. This is similar to the “teach mode” in commercial Industrial Robots.
- Six Flow Control Commands. (Program ‘Chaining’ is supported)
- Five External Interface Commands.
- Six General Commands.
Depending on the Curriculum, available time, and resources, the MiRobot Laser + Package can easily be included in other teaching areas. The Manuals and Guides are structured with multiple “Reference Sections”; you don’t have to develop an in-depth understanding to build and use the MiRobot Laser +. Still, the extra information is available if required.
- 3D Computer Aided Design. R Basic Electronics
- Networking and Interfacing. R Microprocessor Programming ( Arduino “C”)
- Computer Programming ( any Language and platform
- Programmable Logic Controllers
MiRobot Specifications at a Glance
- Axes / Gripper: Three – Rotary Axes and a two finger Pincer Gripper
- Supply Voltage: Six Volt DC Nominal via supplied Plug Pack
- Servomotors: Four ( High torque / Procession metal components)
- Folded Size: 140 mm High, 135 mm Wide, 310 mm Long
- Working Envelope: 700 mm X, 560 mm Y, 220 mm Z
- Robot Controller: Arduino Uno or clone
- Technology Education Servo Shield
- Control System: Technology Education ( preloaded )
- MiRobot Software: Technology Education – MiRobot Laser +
- Microsoft Windows Compatible. ( XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 )
- Simulation: On Screen animated 3D Graphics
- User Controls: On Screen via Mouse / Keyboard
- Video In: Can use a Windows installed WebCam (Optional)
- Program Storage: Load and Save to a PC using.MRL Files
- Printing: Any Microsoft Windows-supported Printer
- Communication: USB to Virtual Serial Port
- Cable: USB Type A to USB Type B
- User Outputs: Optional Relay Board
- Handshake: One pair
- Handshake OUT ( TTL Logic Level – Active LOW)
- Handshake IN, ( TTL Logic Level – Active LOW )
- Indicators: On Arduino Uno and Servo Connection Shield
- Power, Transmit, Receive, and multiple Status LED’s
- Remote Control: ASCII Commands via Serial Port ( Real or Virtual )
- Program Type Axes Coordinate Sets
- Unlimited Lines
- Flow Control External Interface and General Commands
- Program Chaining
- Advanced Programming Functions
- User Output Control
- Handshaking Controls.
There are no reviews yet.