Pre Assembled Arduino with WiFi Shield and ESP8266-12 WROOM-02
Cytron ESP8266 WiFi Shield comes preassembled with the ESP8266-12 WROOM-02 module, which offers a WiFi connection to your Arduino board or project. Because of IoT (Internet of Things), everything is connected to the Internet, and a crucial element is WiFi that provides a wireless connection to the Internet. We have been carrying an ESP module, and many have used it. However, it is not user-friendly enough for beginners. The module is 3.3V powered, and the pins are not adequately broken out. Integrating it into PIC or Arduino will require some skill and electronics interface.
This ESP WiFi shield will be plugged in and used by Arduino users. The shield comes preassembled with an ESP8266-12 WROOM-02 module which offers a WiFi connection to your Arduino board or project. No additional soldering or wiring is needed, stack the shield onto Genuino UNO, CT-ARM, CT-UNO, Genuino Mega, or any compatible Arduino main board, select the pins; for Serial communication with mini jumpers, and the hardware connection is completed! Next, focus on program development and the good news; you can use plenty of libraries; we will show you the steps!
The WROOM-02 comes pre-flashed with an AT-command firmware so that any UART/Serial can control it, but it also breaks out and provides command access to all of the ESP8266’s I/O. The shield itself does not limit to AT command, we have breakout most of the IO, and you can program the WROOM-02 module directly. Whether you want to add AT commands of your own or flash custom firmware on the ESP8266, this feature may come in very handy, especially with it utilizing the UART pin selectors.
Besides, we have also provided the option to use a microSD card for data storage; if you are doing data logging, it will be a time saver! This shield comes populated with all components, as shown in the images and schematic.
- Arduino R3 Layout, compatible with:
- Genuino UNO R3
- CIKU (need to develop library)
- Genuino Mega
- Arduino Leonardo
- many other Arduino compatible mainboards
Separate 3.3V voltage regulator for ESP8266-12 WROOM-02 module, 500mA max output. Every board is preassembled and tested before being shipped out to you. UART/Serial communication pins can be configured/selected via mini jumpers:
- USB – Direct to Arduino USB to Serial pin for flashing ESP8266 directly
- D0/D1 – Hardware Serial pin of Arduino UNO and CT-UNO
- D2, D3, D8, D9, D10, D11, D12, D13 – Software serial pins
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Support WiFi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier, and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO, and power management units
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
- Rev2.0 utilize WROOM-02 instead of ESP8266-12 as the WiFi module
Arduino Library and Examples