- PART NUMBER: GDP1248RW1
- PLATFORM: Windows7 and Windows 10
- OUTSIDE DIMENSION: 280x230x19mm
- EPD: 12.48-inch e-paper display
- INTERFACE: Type-C
- POWER INPUT: DC5V, 2A
- FEATURE: Fully Refresh
- GRAYSCALE LEVEL: Max 2 Grayscale
- OPERATING TEMP: 0℃~40℃
- RECOMMENDED TOOL: Arduino
- EXAMPLE CODE: Available
- RESERVED FUNCTION: Device WiFi connection status display
How to Use
1. Software Preview
2. Device Network Setting
2.1 Query Local IP Address
- Open ImageToWiFi software and the status bar will automatically retrieve the IP address of the current computer.
- Through this, you can know the current network segment. The IP address in the following figure is 192.168.5.7, and the network segment is ‘5’ (this network segment will be used when setting the device WiFi).
Change the network segment in the software to 5. Display local computer IP address:
Set current network segment
2.2 Install Arduino Program Editing Software
- This development board adopts a serial port to download programs, which requires Arduino programming software, type-C cable,
- CH340 driver and esp32_package_v1_0_2 firmware package and python-2.7.17 plug-in.
The operation steps are as follows:
1) For the first download, install CH340 driver and ESP32 on the computer_package_v1_0_2 firmware package, python-2.7.17 plug-in.
2) Firmware package: esp32_package_v1_0_2. The unzipped file name is Espressif. Unzip the Espressif folder and put it in the Arduino/hardware directory.
During installation, the Arduino programming software must be closed, and the firmware package can also be searched directly in the Arduino library manager.
3)Use the default installation path for the CH340 driver and python-2.7.17 plug-in.
4) Run the program file get.exe in esp32/tools(you must have installed the python plug-in).
5) Connect the Type-C interface of the development board to the computer with a USB cable.
6) Open Arduino.ino engineering document in the driver folder with Arduino 1.8.6.
7) Set in ‘tools’
- Click position 1 to select the development board model’WEMOS LOLIN32′
- Click position 2 to select serial port baud rate ‘115200’
- Click position 3 to select COM port.
- Click position 4 to select the programmer model, and here select’AVRISP mkII’
- Click position 5 to compile the program.
- Click position 6 to download the program to the development board.
- After the downloading, power off the development board, connect the electronic paper display screen to the adapter board, and then power it on again so that E-paper can display normally.
Note: if the compiler prompts ‘invalid library found’ during program compilation, please ignore this prompt, which will not affect the actual program download.
2.3 Device WiFi Setting
The customer needs to put the WiFi user name, password, network segment, and IP number, of which the network segment ” is the field automatically identified by imagetowifi above, and the IP number range is 201~210. Different device numbers cannot be repeated.
At present, up to 10 groups of devices are supported to be online at the same time.
After setting the parameters, download the program to the corresponding device according to the above down steps.
3. Image Import
Image import: click the “Open File” button, select the created image, and note that the color and resolution of the image should correspond to the current device.
After the image is imported, the software will prompt the size, resolution, color, and other parameters of the image to be displayed.
4. Device Connection
- Power the device. Generally, it is recommended that the power supply is above 5v2a.
- Open ImageToWiFi software and the status bar will automatically query the current online status of the device.
- When the status indicator turns green, it means that the device of the corresponding network segment has been successfully online.
5. Data Transmission
Select the IP number to be sent and click “connect.” When the data transmission is normal, the left information bar will display the current data transmission progress.
When the data transmission is completed, the software will display “Data send is OK!”