HEXA – A Six-Legged, Agile, and Highly Adaptable Robot
Meet HEXA, a multi-functional all-terrain robot. It is easy to control with your mobile devices – it can walk and climb, take photos and videos, check your backyards, and dance to the beat! You can connect to HEXA anywhere with its own WiFi. Plus, with HEXA, you can create the applications you dream of. Besides the hardware parts, HEXA comes with an OS, open-source SDK, and a 3D simulator. So play, learn, and be creative with HEXA; it is more than just a robot.
Robots are THE next big platform. We’ve all dreamed of a world where robots interact with and help humans daily. But the reality is robots have a long way to go. Limited access — robots are either too expensive and complex isolated to a lab or too simplistic, a child’s toy — has kept innovators, explorers, and the masses at bay.
Robots need to be accessible to the many, not the few. Only then will we see the robot revolution?
- Each purchase comes with HEXA, the 6-legged Robot, SDK, 3D simulator, mobile app, and standard charger.
- Sensors:720p camera; 3-axis accelerometer; distance measuring sensor; infrared transmitter.
- Maneuverability: Each leg is equipped with three motors and three DoF. Its head can spin endlessly.
- Processor: Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 @1GHz
- Interfaces:USB, audio input & output, I2C, ADC, GPIO, 5V / 3V3 power outlet
- Storage:8 GB
- Battery:45-180 minutes (continuous use), charging time 2.5 hours (charging cable)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, HEXA can be a WiFi access point.
- Dimensions: Height 4.72 inches, diameter 20 inches.
HEXA needs human mentors like you. Become a Human Mentor. Enter the fascinating potential of robotics via the Vincross robotics ecosystem. This is your stepping stone into robotics. Create new movements. Define new Skills. Stretch your own skillset. Join our active community of Mentors today and start to Robot together.