SmartLink Drone Datalink with Integrated Onboard Computer and LTE Option
Drone Datalink with Integrated Onboard Computer and LTE option. FPV and Payload cameras, telemetry, and control with ultra-low latency and a range of up to 20km—unlimited range with LTE.
Three Datalinks In One
There is no need to use multiple separate telemetry systems anymore. SmartLink features AES-256 secured 2x HD video channels, telemetry, and manual control ultra-low-latency transmission with a range of up to 20km. LTE with unlimited range is available as an option.
- Video – CSI camera and mini HDMI input ports support up to 1080p@60 fps video input with ultra-low latency.
- Telemetry – Telemetry allows system configuration, mission planning, status monitoring, and more.
- Control – Connect the USB joystick in SmartAP GCS and get complete manual control with less than 20 ms latency.
SmartLink set includes everything needed to setup wireless communication for video, telemetry, and control:
- SmartLink Ground module
- SmartLink Air module
- 2x Air Module antennas
- 2x Ground Module antennas
- CSI camera
- Telemetry cable
- HDMI cable
- Air module power cable
- Ground module power cable
SmartLink Air is based on powerful quad-core ARM Cortex A53 SoC (system-on-chip) computer running Linux. The system can handle two real-time HD video streams from cameras (CSI and HDMI), autopilot telemetry, and control. It also has plenty of resources for user applications. Various interfaces, e.g., USB, UART, I2C, and SPI, allow to connect payload and tightly integrate it with the flight controller and ground control station. LTE connection is available as an option and is plug&play.
- The ground module is very compact and lightweight, and it has a micro USB connector to interact with any device – laptops, smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers supported. So all you need to do is connect it and open SmartAP GCS App.
- The ground module features an active cooling system, allowing it to withstand high ambient temperatures making it reliable even in harsh environments.
- 2×2 MIMO technology provides higher bandwidth, lower latency, and a more extended range.
SmartLink was designed to be used with SmartAP GCS – a powerful cross-platform ground control station. SmartAP GCS supports:
- 2x HD video streams display
- Full camera controls
- Video recording on the microSD card
- Image capture on the microSD card
- Radio settings configuration
- Drone control joystick
- Payload control joystick
SmartAP GCS can be used on any platform and operating system, including MacOS, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux.
SmartAP GCS provides all status information on radio links, including RSSI, SNR, and packets, and allows changing all primary settings dynamically. For instance, operating frequency, bandwidth, or power can be changed with one click. In addition, remote module configuration is done automatically via the ground module.
AES-256 as standard
The connection is AES-256 encrypted, and the network key can be easily changed anytime when it’s needed.
|Frequency||2402 – 2477 MHz|
|Power||up to 30 dBm / 1W|
|Bandwidth||4 / 8 MHz|
|Data rate||25 Mbps|
|Latency||< 100 ms|
|Visibility||Line of Sight|
|Mini HDMI Camera||x1|
|Air Module||x2 SMA Flat Panel 5dBi|
|Ground Module||x2 RP-SMA 8dBi|
|HD Video||1080p@60 fps
|Telemetry||TX / RX via UART TTL|
|Control||Full manual control|
|Software||Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android|
|SIZE AND WEIGHT|
|Size (Air Module)||86x50x29 mm|
|Size (Ground Module)||72x46x23 mm|
|Weight (Air Module)||139 g|
|Weight (Ground Module)||83 g|
|Air Module||5V DC
1x720p & 50% RF – 4W
2x1080p + 100% RF – 8W
|Ground Module||7-40V DC
Connectivity Is Key
An array of leading interfaces ensures tight payload integration for data collection.
A live webinar was held on Wednesday, 24th February, where Kirill Shilov, Founder & CEO of Sky-Drones Technologies, presented the most up-to-date product for UAV connectivity systems from the Sky-Drones range.
How drones communicate is outdated, and Sky-Drones is on the way to improving it. Watch Sky-Drones founder and CEO Kirill Shilov as he explains the UAS industry’s challenges and how Sky-Drones is bringing about the solution.
Ian Lewis is looking closely at the Sky-Drones SmartLink Wireless Digital HD Video and Telemetry System with an integrated onboard computer. Ian unboxes the system in this video and demonstrates the compatibility with SmartAP GCS and other third-party vendors like PX4, Pixhawk, APM, Mission Planner, and QGroundControl.
There are no reviews yet.